Sunday, March 31, 2019

New Prince August Molds



  For Saint Patrick's Day, Prince August had a 24 hour sale on molds; 1/2 price! While I haven't had much interest in their molds  lately, there where two I wanted. One was their fantasy mold of Cavemen ( for No Brain Wargames) and the Brave Toy Soldier mold. The uniform of the brave toy soldier looks like it's from the period of the 1830's. The soldiers could be painted as different volunteer militias from that period. Besides those molds, I did buy 2 of their new SYW molds, as I have had interest after seeing other blogs using them.

    I received the molds last week. I decided to do some quick casting of the cavemen and brave toy soldier. The brave toy soldier mold casts well; the caveman mold will need a couple of vents cut into it. I tried pouring one of the SYW molds, but it didn't come out well. I didn't want these new molds to distract me from my Napoleonic project, so the casting have been put aside for now.




The brave toy soldier is a nice figure. It would be nice if Prince August came out with a couple of more toy soldier figures. The figure does come with both legs; you must amputate the leg yourself!

The casting. I did cast a couple of PA older 18th century figures. The large rabbit needed some repair for Easter.

Close up of the casting.




2 comments:

  1. John, I love that ‘brave to soldier’ casting, I haven’t seen that one before

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is actually a better figure than I was expecting. However, the scale is too small for 40mm and too large for 30mm. Still, it could be used for its own game.

    ReplyDelete