Sunday, March 3, 2019

Another Mold to Distract Me

      As I made my last mold, I noticed that the rubber was getting low, but it also seemed to be solidifying. I'm not sure if it was because it had been in the cold basement, or was reaching the end of its shelf life.  I decided to use the last of it quickly. I brought the rubber upstairs to warm up.  My choices for a figure was either a SAE British Colonial infantryman advancing, or a SAE British infantryman charging.  I have long disliked figures charging, with one leg kicked back high in the air; perhaps because of my disappointment with Esci's Zulu War infantryman with the exaggerated charging position.  However, the picture that inspired these molds shows infantrymen in this charging position. And so the mold was made of the charging infantryman.
The original inspiration for the last two molds.

The completed figures. There is a groove down the front of the helmet that isn't visible in the picture. If these figures ever get any serious use, those grooves would need to be filled.

The figures in roughly the same position as the Little Wars drawing.

Perhaps now that these molds are completed and figures poured, I can go back to the project I was working on before my "midnight madness" distracted me.

8 comments:

  1. That's a splendid little illustration and your figures look terrific

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. The figures didn't come out as I was hoping, however they will serve the purpose if I ever do use them

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful blog I`m so happy I stumbled on you here. So many enjoyable posts (which I will work my way backward and read).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy you are enjoying my blog. Hopefully you will continue to find it enjoyable. Some of my posts tend to ramble.

      Delete
  4. Flaws are what they are, They still look good and I think it was a good use of the last of the rubber.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The figures will be fine for my games. Better a useful figure than wasted rubber.

      Delete
  5. Stylish - and I know exactly which tippy-over Esci Zulu Wars Redcoat you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When the Esci Zulu War figures came out, my excitement was muted by several of the poses.

    ReplyDelete