Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Cigar Box Wargame Played

        The cigar box top has been gridded off. The grid comes out 7x8. By using 2mm units of 4 infantry, 3 cavalry, or 2 artillery, the playing pieces fit on the board nicely. I played a quick game to see if this system will work. I was happy with the result. This setup should work well when I want a quick game.
The two armies deployed.

Instead of a normal pencil to mark the squares, I used a brown colored pencil to make the grid less conspicuous.

While the top is only painted now, I think a coat of flat lacquer might protect the top.

4 comments:

  1. I am glad it has worked out so well for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its good consolidating my 2mm collection, although I still have more units to add to the box.

      Delete
  2. Looks great John - a Portable Wargame indeed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. The box is a little over 8" ×8" × 1", so it is easily portable. However, the weight is pretty hefty. I think part of the problem is my home cast landscape hills!

    ReplyDelete