Friday, March 22, 2019

4 "New" 1st Generation 15mm Minifigs Regiments

     With the completion of the cigar box wargame, I started work on my wagons. I began with four 1st generation Minifigs RHA cassions. As the size of the wagon bases are over 1" in length, I realized they won't work well on the small squares I use. 2" squares will work, but to have individually based figures might not look right. I brought out several different lines of figures to think the problem through. Among the figures was a large lot of 1st generation Minifigs Napoleonics that I got in a purchase of Peter Laing Victorian Parade figures. It is worth noting that I have posted before of making 18 figures regiments for my Napoleonic games. It turns out whoever had these figures must have planned the same, as there were enough figures to make 18 man regiments.  As the figures were already painted, all there was for me to do were to base them. When finished I have 1 regular British regiment, 1 Highland regiment, 1 British light Infantry  regiment, and 1 French Regiment. The French plumes are even painted different colors; obviously the original owner planned to base 3 figures to a base.
The original lot of mixed Peter Laing Victorian parade figures and 1st generation Minifigs Napoleonics.


The Minifigs before sorting and basing.

The regiments based. the 4 cassions can be seen in the background.

8 comments:

  1. I have an irrational fondness for the old 15mm strip Minifigs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not the only one. Of course, the strip Napoleonics were the first metal soldiers I ever bought, and, combined with Jack Cassin-Scott's Uniforms of the Napoleonic Wars had me dreaming of large armies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great addition to your growing collection!

    I loved the original 15mm Minifigs as they were easy to paint and - rather like Peter Laing's figures - looked great en masse.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with all you say about the Minifigs. They also have that "Old School" charm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice find John. Good for Cigar Box games!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good to put these bonus figures to use finally.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's good to put these bonus figures to use finally.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's good to put these bonus figures to use finally.

    ReplyDelete