Sunday, March 24, 2019

Working Out New Minifigs Regiments

   Working on my 1st generation Minifigs  Napoleonics has got me excited again for wargaming again, a feeling that has been in short supply for many months.  In 2016 I had started basing some of the Minifigs into 18 man regiments, with 5 infantry stands and 1 command stand. If  I have 3- 18 man regiments, I could convert them into Battle Cry regiments by removing 2 stands. I could then form 5- 4 stand regiments  by using 2 extra command stands.

    I decided to start painting the extra command stands, along with another regiment of British infantry. Besides the command stands, a few of the command stands I now have are short musicians, so I found musician figures to paint up to complete those stands.

    While walking the dog, I was working out my regiments. One problem was the fact that there is 1 Highland regiment. I didn't really want to overdo special units such as Highlanders. Then I thought of coming up with a "cadre" of a second Highland regiment. This cadre will consist of a command stand and 1 infantry stand. I've also started marking the bottom of the stands. Of course, right now I'm only numbering them with numbers, not after actual regiments.

    However, this latest flight of fancy has distracted me from my wagon project. I have decided to finish the command stands and musicians, put aside the infantry for now, and turn my attention to cavalry and artillery.
The newest regiments being formed.

I think the original Minifigs strips were a great idea. It is easy to paint the figures on the strip. What's more, the number tag at the end of the bases is a great handle. Too bad they didn't continue using this method; however, I'm sure they realized they could save a lot of metal by doing individual figures.


Closeup of the British regiment being formed.

No comments:

Post a Comment