I also finished my new Boer horseman figure. I do believe that I overthought this mold. After pouring several figures, the head wasn't forming right. I believe I overdid the vents. The vents were filling up fine, but the hat just wouldn't form. I cut a small vent from the hat to another vent. I also left one of the larger vents blocked; that seemed to help. I also found the original mold and had as much luck with this mold as the new one. Next mold I'll scale back on the vents.
|The newly painted Heroscape terrain with a few landscape pieces on it.|
|The new Boer figures on the left, the old mold Boers on the right. The right hand figures have lots of flash on them but should clear up nicely. I am thinking of making a mold of the British Camel Corps from the Sudan next.|