Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Kinder Building

     I have done little with wargaming in the past few months.  I have been following Wargame  Miscellany's narrow gauge railroad build. It inspired me to get out my narrow gauge  trains and do some work with them. 

   That doesn't mean that I gave up completely on wargames. I have been leaning towards skirmish games as they take up less room. And while most rules use 3 feet by 3 feet areas, by using smaller figures smaller boards can be used.

  A while back I bought Kinder castles and cottages. I assembled and painted a couple of the castles, but that's  about all I have done with them.   Some of my model trains are American western style trains. I saw some Kinder western building and thought that perhaps they could be used on a railroad layout. While ordering some of the buildings I saw more of the castles, and other building that looked Spanish or Mediterranean that could be used in Penansula wargames.

   I placed my order and just received them. The western building are too small for the railroad, unless I use them for far background scenery. However, the building could be used in games using 10mm figures. The Mediterranean  building are also small, but I dug out some 10mm figures and they look decent with the building. I can see these building being used in 10mm skirmish games 

The Mediterranean buildings. I bought 2 sets of them.

A couple of 10mm stands of miniatures for scale. I have started painting a couple of the buildings.

The western town.

Once again, 10mm minis for scale. I bought three sets of these buildings.

Two painted castles and a painted tower. The other tower shows an unpainted copy. The castles came in colorful blue and yellow. 


4 comments:

  1. Those buildings are great fun John. I particularly like the first set.
    The 3x3 fast play Portable Wargame is good when space is an issue and is also quick (as the name suggests!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, after getting them I wished I had got at least one more set.
    I have several skirmish rulesets that I have started testing out. The Portable Wargame is always on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those buildings are a good find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are an inexpensive answer for scenery. I've started painting a few of them and think they will work out fine.

      Delete