Thursday, February 29, 2024

Gunfight at Kindertown

  The doctor came up to the marshal. He told the marshal of a conversation he overheard at the saloon. It seemed four cowboys approached  the bank owner, asking if he would open the bank as they had a large amount of cash from a cattle sale. They had to head north to buy some more cows, but didn't want to bring such a large amount with them. The banker said that it was too late, he was waiting for his dinner. He did, however agree to open the bank earlier than normal so the cowboys to get on the trail early. The doctor said that they didn't seem like your normal cowboys; they didn't  smell like cows.

  The marshal said that he would keep an eye them. The marshal gathered four men and early the next morning the posse spread out to watch the bank.

The four cowboys walk down to the bank with the banker.

The marshals' posse wait in ambush.

The cowboy in the red coat sees the marshal and open fires.

The posse comes out and returns fire.

The Red cowboy takes a hit.

The man on the roof across from the bank gets hit, but he manages to hit one of the cowboys. Meanwhile, one of the cowboys force the banker to open the bank, and pushes the banker through the open door. 

The Red cowboy shoots and kills the marshal. Meanwhile the wounded cowboy is killed.

One of the townsmen moves forward and gets a clean shot of the red cowboy, who is shot down.

The second cowboy enters the bank.

The posse now starts firing into the bank. One lucky shot  hits one of the cowboys, who staggers out of the bank and drops in the street.

The solo surviving cowboy pushes the banker out in front of him, and surrenders 

Marking the wounds, I first used rings, then small dice. I figure with these 10mm figures, I think I might switch to a roster system. The rules I found on YouTube under Grey Army Gaming, the rules being called Basic Battles.


14 comments:

  1. Looks a fun game.
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Considering how quickly I put it together, it was very enjoyable and quick. There's a couple of bugs I have to work out, but after not gaming for a while, this might get me playing more.

      Delete
  2. Great fun John - the buildings work well with 10mm size figures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was happy with the 10mm Pendraken figures and the building. Even with my fat fingers and shakes, I didn't have much problem. I might get tweezers to get into tight spaces.

      Delete
  3. An interesting set of buildings to go with the action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are Kinder Surprise toys. I plan to paint them up so they aren't so colorful.

      Delete
  4. Where are the buildings from? Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The are Kinder toys. I found them on Ebay. A dealer in Germany sells them for what I think is a reasonable price (compared to other dealers). I am so happy with the results and I am thinking of orders some other Kinder pieces to use with the 10mm figures.

      Delete
  5. These buildings work very well creating a Wild West Street for your gunfight. It reminds of some of the pictures of the mining town camps in what I had been reading recently on Archive.org in a book by Muriel S Wolle exploring and sketching old abandoned mining towns: very atmospheric. Read for free on https://archive.org/search?query=creator%3A%22Wolle%2C+Muriel+Sibell%2C+1898-1977%22

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think for toys they are actually quite good on details. The sheriff's office is a nice Adobe building, and the bank looks like a stone building. The buildings are also snap together, making removal of different pieces easy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. In agreement with everyone else, your buildings look lovely 👏👏
    I usually tend to have buildings of a smaller scale than my figures (so, say, 6mm buildings with 10mm or 15mm figures) but that’s largely because I want the buildings to at least look like a small village rather than just have to imagine that one large building represents a small town.
    Cheers,
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree about having smaller than the figures. The 10mm figures are not to scale to the building, but I think they work well. I tried some of my 1st generation Minifigs Napoleonics with the Mediterranean building from an earlier posting, and could see using them. When gaming, terrain to me has been a.smm secondary consideration, the figures being the most important part of the game.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What scale are the figures and who makes them, please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The figures are 10mm Pendraken. They don't make cowboys so I used American Civil War raiders..

      Delete