Tuesday, June 25, 2019

War of 1812 Project

      In the last few months I still have done little with the hobby. I go to the basement to work, but quickly lose interest.  I finally figured out that part of the problem is the work area. There is no natural light where I work. I decided to make a tray to carry my projects upstairs where there is more light. The project I wanted to start is two  War of 1812 armies, using Scruby N Gauge British infantry for both armies.
    I decided to prime the figures black, then dry brush the primary colors on. The first unit was an American infantry regiment (which I painted in the basement). Yesterday, after work, I used my new tray and brought my paints and primed figures onto the deck. It was a beautiful summer afternoon and before I knew it, had 3 British regiments almost completed.

First Scruby N gauge War of 1812 American Regiment


My outdoors work area.

The British regiments on the paint board.

2 comments:

  1. I like lots of light when I paint esp these days when the eyes are dimmer but rarely get as much as I'd like for one reason or another. Its been years since I painted outside though. Must keep that in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I write this, I am setting on my back deck finishing the major blocking in of colors on 4 regiments. If tomorrow is like today, I should finish them up and maybe even get them based. I haven't been this relaxed working on the hobby in a long time.

    ReplyDelete