Thursday, June 27, 2019

3 Generations of Minifigs

     In my last post I mentioned that I was looking for 2nd generation Minifigs War of 1812 Americans.  I was in a rush to get the posting done, so I didn't post any photos of the different between the 3 generations of Minifigs. Below are photographs of an ACW figure from each "generation, to show the progression of detailing of Minifigs.

A 1st generation Zouave; a 2nd generation Marine; and a 3rd generation Marine. Needless to say, the quality of successive generations is easy to see. However, I'm looking for the "Old School" look.

The other side of the figures. Hopefully someone will realize that they have some 2nd generation War of 1812 figures.

4 comments:

  1. My buddy has some 15mm 1812 Americans for sale. They look like Minifig to me but not sure of the Generation iteration. He is out of town currently or I would ask. Take a look at his photos and see if these are what you looking for.

    Scroll down to the bottom and then work your way up.

    https://dartfrog06mm.blogspot.com/p/trading-page.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a nice collection of figures. Most of the regulars look like 3rd generation Minifigs. The regiment painted as Maryland militia are Frontier Miniatures. I have some of the Frontier figures and do like them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting to see the changing quality. There's a bit of scale creep too isn't there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why they would stop making the 1st generation, especially with what other manufacturers were making. I guess the more detail, you must expect the scale creep. At least they don't look like they weigh 300 pounds.

    ReplyDelete