Saturday, June 29, 2024

Future Plans and Games

 I have decided to retire 2 years earlier than planned. I don't  want to bore people with the details. My wife has been retired for 4 years and spends these days alone. I figured that she could use some company. 

  As I'm sure I will get on her nerves, I am also making plans to give her quiet time. Needless to say, wargaming features prominently in these plans. 

 I have placed 2 rather large orders for figures based on a couple of ideas for campaign games. Both dealers contacted me and explained that there would be delays in my orders and did I want to wait or cancel  the orders. Before I would probably have canceled the orders; as I don't plan to retire until October, I am in no rush for the figures. I guess retirement might not be so bad if it means I can slow things down.

Just a few samples of possible projects: a 2mm American Civil Wargame using either  The Portable Wargame and it's different campaign rules, or Archduke Piccolo's rules he used in his Eckmuhl campaign. Also Archduke Piccolo's recent Hex Shambattle could be used as a mini campaign. I would also like to start an imaginations world using the various 30mm semiflat toy soldiers in my collection. Just off the tip of my head I have enough figures for 6 different countries.

Some of the 30mm semiflats in action.

One of my 30mm battles where supply wagons and ambulances played a part in the battle. I would like to work some kind of logistics into future campaign games, even if it's just ammunition wagons on the battlefield.

Some Scruby N gauge SYW figures. I have placed a good size order of ACW figures for a possible campaign game.

2mm ACW blocks in action. I placed an order for more of these figures, along with covered wagons and a couple of pontoon wagons for another planned campaign. 
I decided to order the figures I want now, as I'm sure once I retire cash won't be a available as it is now.




4 comments:

  1. Great plans John! I really like the sound of the Imaginations using the semi-flats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one project that I want to put some time and effort into. I just really like these figures, but right now I don't have space to use.

      Delete
  2. Excellent future planning and something to bridge you from work to retirement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of my future projects is helping me get through these last days on the job.

    ReplyDelete