Monday, July 8, 2024

Warlord Games Gettysburg Epic Miniatures

 Like many people, I wanted to get Warlord Games Epic Gettysburg  game. The figures were the main attraction to me, but the price was more than I could see spending.

I recently came across a partial game with just the figures and rule book at a price thatI could afford. One sprue of Union figures were taken off the sprue, but otherwise there were 23 unused sprues. I bought them for a "future" project. I am thinking of using them unpainted. My idea is to use white craft glue to attach them to their bases, so if I do decide to paint them, they will be easy enough to remove them from their bases. I mounted one regiment the I  received in Wargames Illustrated to bases with the white glue. It seems to work well.


The 23 sprues recently purchased.


The test regiment glued up.


2 comments:

  1. Great purchase John. You could start gaming with those figures almost immediately

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figure that they could be based up rapidly, and it would be easy enough to take a unit or two out of service to be painted. Unfortunately space to use them is a problem. When I retire cleaning out my basement is my first big project. I then hope to set up a large gaming table where these figures could be used.

    ReplyDelete