Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Ideas and an Extra for Epic Gettysburg

 

With 60 stands of infantry, I was thinking of different games and how many units I could make. With "Junior General" rules I could have 10 regiments of 6 stands per side. A regiment in line.

The same regiment in column.

A 5 stand regiment, the size used in "Black Powder".

A 4 stand regiment that could be used with Battle Cry. Each side would have 15 regiments. Of course if using "The Portable Wargame" each side would have an impressive 60 regiments!

The flag sheets that come with the game. I made 2 copies.

When I bought the game, it was with the understanding that the farm house and fences weren't included. However while looking for some of the disconnected figures, I found the farmhouse and fence kit.

2 comments:

  1. Lots of options John! Please pictures of the buildings when you've made them; they look rather good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking of my comment of 60 units using " The Portable Wargame": I believe with the Napoleonic version 2 stands are used, which drops it to 30 regiments. Still an impressive number. I want to get the building package open and see the building. I think ir will be too large for my games, but simple snap together building might be worth a look.

    ReplyDelete