Monday, October 3, 2022

New Wagons

The bringing out of my wagon collection last post wasn't just a whim. I found a nice collection for sale; what's more the collection was in the United States, which saved me the outrageous overseas postage of late.

The collection was delivered today, which doubled the number of wagons, including 3 artillery caissons. 

The 3 artillery caissons, along with one gun.

2 new supply wagons.

New ambulance and ammunition wagon.
 

New guard shack with fencing.

The complete collection. The last artillery caisson is an old homemade one that came with some old toy soldiers a few years ago. I plan to put it into service. 




4 comments:

  1. A fine and useful addition to any army!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figure now I have enough to supply two small armies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to see a fine collection of horse drawn wagons for a change. Logistics get very little mention in my experience. However the ambulance wagon looks more like a coffin on wheels ...maybe it was !!!!! Regards,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After reading H.G. Wells "Little Wars" additional rules and rules where logistics are mentioned, and R.L.Stevenson's "Stevenson at Play" using printer "ems" in wagons to represent ammunition usage, it made me want to try to work logistics into my games. As for the ambulances, I am wondering if they are ambulances or some other wagons that use flags as markers, and just happen to have red crosses on them. The backs of the ambulances are open so a stretcher could fit in the back; although once in I'm sure the idea of a coffin would fill their heads!

      Delete