Friday, October 28, 2022

Guns for the Next Battle

When I got my large order of spring loaded cannons, only one gun was functioning. I thought that maybe the previous owner was a pacifist wargamer who intentionally  disabled the guns. Fortunately  a little oil and gentle  tapping got 8 out of 12 guns working.

After having that much success, It got me thinking how to put the guns to use. I started making ammunition  for the guns using cotton swabs with the tips dipped in paint to harden the cotton. The above picture shows the ammunition  drying.

A quartermaster  wagon shows up bringing a fresh load of ammunition  for preparation.

 

2 comments:

  1. What a great find! This is all coming together really well.
    (For some reason your blog updates weren't showing on my list for a while so I'm playing catch up. )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm working on how I can use the wagons in my wargames. Hopefully in the next week I can get a game in and try some of the ideas out.

    ReplyDelete