Saturday, November 6, 2021

More Semi Flat Figures

           I have recently received more semi flat figures. They were bought with the orginial intention of repainting them for "the Tin Army of the Potomac". Now looking at them I am having second thoughts. The new figures have me thinking of different possibilities besides the ACW. Also, I am thinking of unit size; to go with my orginial 4 man units or make 6 man units? I guess with my current activity with the hobby, there is no rush.
The lot orginially bought for repainting to "Tin Army of the Potomac"
Close up of the new figures. One reason I wanted them was that the helmet was taller than the normal German pickelhelm.  The possibilies are endless with these helmets.
Some Zouaves

11 comments:

  1. Nice looking figures and you seem to have been able to pick up quite a few.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are an additional 9 figures that were glued to tongue depressors that aren't in the picture. Also several that are broken off their bases that I hope to repair.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I am thinking of painting one set of glued figures different nationalities. I am putting one aside to use as a possible master figure for a mold.

      Delete
  3. Lovely figures that will give you joy I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have gotten so many new semi flats, it's difficult deciding how to best use them.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. There is something about semi flats that I have a hard time not buying them when I see them. Of course, it's the same for most toy soldiers I see.

      Delete
  5. Good looking figures. Tin Army of the ottoman is such an odd but inspiring little book ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry that should read Tin Army of The Potomac - who dragged the Ottomans into this?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Zouaves could actually pass as Ottomans....

    ReplyDelete