Sunday, November 29, 2020

Toy Soldier National Lancer

    I started work on a unit of toy soldier National Lancers, a Boston based militia unit from the 1800's, using home cast Nowikoff horses and Zinnbrigade lancers. As usual, I started working on another project and painting on the lancers has stopped. I did paint one lancer with most of the uniform done, just to get an idea of how a finished unit would look.


National Lancer on the work bench.

Lancer with the uniform almost completed.

For these figures I used Tamiya acrylic paints. The gloss finish is from the paint itself. I put two coats on the figure.



HopefullyI will get this unit completed some day.




4 comments:

  1. Lovely glossy toy soldier John - I know what you mean about getting distracted!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I really want to get some games in, so I started rebasing some of my Peter Laing figures. I have two armies rebased, now to paint the bases.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I was going to paint them with Humbrol paints, but all the websites I went to were missing most of the colors I wanted. I must admit, the Tamiya paints have worked out well, and being acrylic, clean up nicely with water. I am also happy with how glossy they are.

      Delete