Monday, November 23, 2020

Militia Cigarette Cards

     I mentioned on replying to comments in my last post that I have several cigarettes cards on militia units of the late 1800's in the United States. I have scanned a few of them for your viewing pleasure.

   I also recommend those interested in US military uniforms of the 18th and 19th century to go toheritagemuseumsandgardens.org  Once on the site go to "engage" then to "collections", which should bring you to where you can access the collection of military miniatures showing early American uniforms up to the late 1800's. They are truly inspirational figures and well worth checking out.

10 comments:

  1. Fantastic John Thank you for sharing - I know a couple of bloggers like Alan Gruber and Michael Brightwell who will be delighted to see these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome. I will try to post all the cards that I have in the next couple of days.

      Delete
  2. Woohoo! Followed the link to engage and collections and I found the toy soldier section - what a brilliant site!
    https://heritagemuseums.pastperfectonline.com. Then look for Military Miniatures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to come up as an unsafe connection? I am confused.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Mark, as a kid I remember going to the museum and drooling over these toy soldiers. It is a webpage I go to often.
      tradgardmastare, I don't know what the problem is with the link. I, also, when I test it am directed to a non existent page. I might suggest that you type the address in. It would be worth going to.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for posting these John. The miniatures via the link are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. The Heritage collection is a nice collection, although it has been 30 some years since I last saw them in person.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I'm happy you found the museum site. Hopefully they will help you with your projects.

      Delete