Sunday, December 1, 2019

New War of 1812 figures, Terrain Cards, and a New Board

    I have done little wargaming in the past month. I did play a couple of games that I didn't even bother to photograph. I did, however, buy a rather large lot of 15mm War of 1812 figures. I resisted buying them for a week. However, there were several Frontier figures and a large collection of Minifigs 2nd generation American infantry that matches my Minifigs militia.

     I also have been working on yet another board. My chessboard squares are too small for both  15mm figures and terrain pieces. My board with 2" squares is larger than I want; it is too big for dragging around the house while trying to set up a game on a small table.  I decided to try 1 1/2" squares. It seems to fit what I'm looking for; my units and terrain pieces fits in a square. It also gave me a chance to try some new terrain cards I downloaded from another blog, Steven's Balagan. They are a series of small squares which can be picked to set up a battlefield. There are  instructions on the use of them.  I mounted them on cereal box cardboard and have another useful tool for wargaming. I drew 4 of the cards to set up a board.  The board reminds me of a Neil Thomas One Hour Wargame map.
2nd generation Minifigs War of 1812 American Infantry


2nd generation militia compared to the new infantry.


New Frontier figures. French militia, 2 artillerymen (sailors?), 2 US artillerymen, artillery officer, Mounted officer, Mohawk warrior.
New 1 1/2" square board, with three hills.



Sheet of Steven Balagan's terrain cards.

The first layout using Steven Balagan's cards.



No comments:

Post a Comment