Monday, July 23, 2018

Airfix- Comic Book Roman Comparison

     There seemed to be some interest in the comic book Romans. I think anyone who had interest in the comic book toy soldiers at one time owned some Airfix figures. I figured what better way to compare the two different figures than to show them side by side.
Side by side comparison of Airfix and comic book Romans.

I tried to get a good photo of one of the comic book Romans next to a ruler for a more accurate  guess at the scale. The infantry figures are approximately 1 1/2 inches, or 35mm tall.    

4 comments:

  1. For some reason I had always imagined that the figures would be smaller. A most interesting comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After getting the round comic book AWI figures, that were about the same size as Airfix, I was hoping the Romans would be the same. I think if the Romans were closer to 20mm, I would use them more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lusted after these as a child but being in the U.K. I never got them .

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you can see, you probably were better off without them. Still, I came from a family without much money and getting that many soldiers (even crappy ones) would have made me happy.

    ReplyDelete