Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Risk Napoleonic Figures Comparison

     After my last posting, I went looking for more of my Risk figures. When I first got the game, I started painting several armies of the Napoleonic Wars.  I was going to post some pictures of them.  In the comments on the last posting, David Crook mentioned about some other plastic Risk Napoleonic figures. I know there were 4 different Napoleonic Risk plastic figures that I know of (of which I've had two.) There was a version with kneeling soldiers, another kneeling soldiers with rifle at ready, the small version of the advancing figures, and the newest version, of figures firing muskets. I have taken some pictures to compare the two different figures, along with some other figures for comparison.
Risk Old Guard Conversions. All the painted figures were mounted on to washers.  The washers were magnetic.

Risk figures painted as Prussians and French light infantry.

The first three figures painted as War of 1812 American infantry, next three painted as Austrians, last two as British.

Two Risk figures, compared to two Heritage 15mm Napoleonettes.

Two metal cavalry men compared to the infantry figure.

Heritage Napoleonette, 2 plastic Risk infantrymen, metal infantryman, metal cavalryman, plastic cavalryman.

Plastic Risk infantrymen compared to Old Glory 10mm figures.

Plastic Risk infantry compared to Old Glory 10mm, and at the far right, Perry Miniatures Travel Battle 8mm infantry.

Comparison of the plastic and metal figures.

11 comments:

  1. Looks like they paint up nicely. I assume one can buy replacement packs of the plastic Risk figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked the Hasbro website. It looks like you can't buy replacement armies directly from them. Unfortunately, it looks like it's back to Ebay if you want to buy them.

      Delete
  2. I really like the Risk infantryman but do not recall ever seeing hat variant in the UK. I have set that the cavalry and artillery figures in the last picture show but the infantryman was kneeling at the ready and so no a huge amount of use. I am going to trawl eBay to see if I can lay my hands on the infantryman you have features - it will not matter what colour - as they would be really useful for a couple of ideas I have.

    Thanks for the post - very useful!

    All the best,

    David Crook (not Peter....)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you ill be able to find some at a reasonable price. I tried to find which Risk game they came from looking on boardgamegeek.com, without success. It's good to know the post was of some help. By the way, sorry for getting your name wrong. Needless to say, I corrected your name in the post.

      Delete
  3. John! Thanks for sharing the size comparisons. One Risk or game spares dealer I have used on EBay for the Bicorne / Tricorne figures is https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/brick-or-treat. They are probably UK based.

    ReplyDelete
  4. https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/brick-or-treat EBay Seller UK? For some Risk online spares

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have any Hinton Hunt's you want to sell? Leave me a message at: https://battlesandcampaigns.blogspot.com/2017/05/do-you-have-any-hinton-hunt-figures-you.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, I donated all my Hinton Hunt's to another blogger a while back.

      Delete
    2. Hello
      Wich risk 40th anniversary edition can i found with plastic soldier? (Same soldiers of metal version)
      Best regards Mathieu

      Delete
  6. Beautiful paint jobs! Regrettably my eyesight won't permit me to paint such small figures. I found it interesting that the cavalry and artillery figs are about the same size in both plastic and metal, but the plastic infantry are markedly smaller than the metal counterparts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The painted Risk figures dates back almost 2 decades! Those days of painting are pretty much behind me, too.

      Delete