Friday, May 14, 2021

New Toy Cannons

   One project I was working on was a simple war-game using my 30mm semi flats with firing toy cannon. Of course this meant looking for new cannons, of which I found a nice little lot of three for sale. Unfortunately, one of them had the mechanism glued. After a little work, the plunger was free, but it seemed to lack a spring to make it work! 


The three new cannon. The larger piece is the one missing the spring.


One of the smaller guns compared to 40mm Zinn Brigade figures.


My collection of firing cannon.

Guns of the similar make in the arsenal.


8 comments:

  1. Cannons to the left of them, cannons to the right...
    Great find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like the smaller cannons. I have used them a couple of times before for games. Now each side can have their own gun.

      Delete
  2. These are fine-looking 19th Century pieces, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They go along well with the semi flats, even if they are a little big for 30mm figures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The French 75s and all the guns in the last picture were made in France by Simon & Rivolet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that information. The first cannon I bought was one of the 75s, I bought it when I was around 12 or 13. I used it to fire at my Marx and Airfix 1/32 figures.

      Delete
  5. I have thought about using flats for this type of game, but felt they need to be ones that "face front" rather than the usual sideways ones so you have a chance to actually hit them! Like the Skull and Crown large scale wooden flats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did buy some flats that were facing front, with that very idea. It was one of those projects that didn't get off the ground. Perhaps I should dig them out...

      Delete