Sunday, December 20, 2020

Johillco 35mm Coronation Toy Soldiers

      I recently bought two lots of toy soldiers, one of infantry and one of cavalry. Both lots had 54mm Britain's figures, along with many smaller figures. Quickly looking at them, I was hoping that the smaller figures were Britain's B series figures.  Both lots were "Buy it now", and the price was ridiculously low, so I bought them.

  After buying them, I looked at the photographs of the lots and realized the smaller figures were more around 30mm, and not 40mm.

  I received them a couple of days ago, and just managed to have a look at them. A little research has led me to believe they are Johillco Coronation figures. The cavalry figures will come in handy; the infantry, Beefeaters and coachmen will take some imagination to use.



The Britain's 54mm cavalry figures. They will go into a box with other 54mm figures that I don't use.

The 54mm Britain's infantry.

A 30mm SAE Guards officer on the left, a Johillco officer on right.

A Johillco Guard on the left; a 30mm SAE Guard in the center; a Britain's 40mm Series B Fusilier on the right.





A SAE 30mm Cavalryman; A Johillco Cavalryman, and a gilt Cavalryman. 

The Johillco Guards.

The coachmen and Beefeaters.

Johillco Cavalry

Johillco General


10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm very happy with it, even though I haven't figured out what to do with them.

      Delete
  2. Lovely figures, an excellent purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately the blue cavalry doesn't want to stand. They will have to be based to be useful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic buy! I do like the coachmen and Beefeaters - I've been trying to persuade Ian at Irregular Miniatures to make some 28mm Beefeaters but no success yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought the infantry lot for the Guards and general figure. The there figures I can't ever see using.

      Delete
  5. Perhaps one day I will do a parade of my 30mm figures. I did that once with my semi flats to see what I had. It was a big surprise at how many figures I did have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perhaps the smaller figures could be 'Guard Cadets'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I do like that idea! In the fine tradition of VMI in the Civil War or the Ninos Heroes of Chapultepec!

      Delete