Wednesday, May 27, 2020

New Semi Flats

   For the last few weeks I had been watching a collection of semi flat toy soldiers on Ebay. After the recent games played using my semi flats, I couldn't resist them any longer. They arrived today, and it was money well spent.
There was a selection of infantry. There are 6 bandsmen, along with 13 infantrymen, a standard bearer and officer.






Three cuirassiers.


6 Dragoons.


Another cuirassier, and two artillery drivers.

For me the best figures; a general figure and mounted officer.

Besides these figures, I also got 7 more lancers of the style I already have, and several horses that are broken off their stands.

10 comments:

  1. Absolutely wonderful! Worth breaking down for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are handsome figures; I only wish I knew the manufacture.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. The infantry was listed as flats; luckily they are semiflats.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. They are indeed. You can't get much more "toy soldiers" than these figures.

      Delete
  4. Great collection, which will add to playing possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking to putting them into action soon. I am thinking of trying Stuart Asquith's Charge! adaptation you mentioned in you're blog.

      Delete
  5. No wonder you are happy John, they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have several books on toy soldiers; perhaps it's time to do some research. I am starting to think that they might be manufactured in France.

    ReplyDelete