Monday, May 18, 2020

A Toy Soldier Battle

     The last couple of weeks I have wanted to get a wargame in using my semi round toy soldiers.  My collection has many great figures which have never been used. For the game itself I was using no special  rules.  Movement was 6" for infantry; 12" for cavalry. For combat, it was simply roll one dice for each figure. I did use Command & Colors:Tricorne dice.
The Grey Army 

The Grey Army cavalry behind the hill.

The Green Army

The Green General starts his troops forward.

The Grey Army advances. The Gross Gras Regiment makes up the main Grey force.






The Grey Army loses one soldier and four infantry runs away.

The Grey army approaches the Guards on the hill; the grey cavalry moves forward to protect the flank.

The Green jagers lose one man and 5 retreat.

The Green cavalry charges forward and hits grey's left flank.

The green cavalry starts cutting through the Gross Gras infantry and Grey cavalry.

At the top right of the picture a large number grey infantry can be seen fleeing. They  took a devastating volley  from the Guards Regiment on the hill.

The Guards drawn up on the hill.




The Green Army charges all along the line.


Some grey infantry surrender to the Guards.


At this point the battle seems lost for the Greys. However, I stopped the game at this point as it was getting late.   Perhaps  tomorrow the Grey general will decide to continue the battle.

13 comments:

  1. Hello John. What a good use for the Life of Napoleon. An enjoyable game to look at and attractive figures. I look forward to the next encounter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I went to set up the game,I tried to find older books to fit the time period.Hopefully some more figures will see the light of day.

      Delete
  2. Excellent Toy Soldier game John. Lovely figures and great to see Books-for-hills again! Splendid. I hope the Grey General does turn and fight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For a slapped together game, I am quite pleased with it. The old Grey General didn't become a General by turning and running!

      Delete
  3. A very nice collection, and great to see them on the table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully some other great figures will be on display soon.

      Delete
  4. Great looking game and collection of figures. I do like semi flats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't understand why semi flats aren't more popular. However, if they were more collectable I wouldn't be able to get them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks just right! Those Battlecry dice are handy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are handsome figures that I want to use more. I think the dice would be great for skirmish games, as there are 2 retreats on them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful game of classic wargaming John, brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you. I want to find some simple rules that I think would be used when these figures were popular.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete