Monday, September 16, 2019

New Book and a "Holy Moly!" Moment

    Before going on vacation I saw on another blog a book" Armies of the War of 1812" by Gabriele Esposito, with uniform illustrations by Olivier Millet. I've seen the illustrations on Mr. Millet's blog; unfortunately it is in French. Finding this book was money well spent. Besides having all of Mr Millet's uniform illustrations, Mr. Esposito has translated it to English. I dare say it might be the best uniform book I own.  Unlike other books that shows a select number of uniforms, this book has examples of most of the major units, along with the different states and Canadian Provinces militia uniforms. It might be a little pricy, but I think it is money well spent.

  I have had little interest in wargaming recently. My personal life right now leaves little time for it; although next month one of the more time consuming matters will no longer be an issue.  Still, what free time I have has been watching tv or being on the computer. I decided to try going back to painting (pictures, not toy soldiers) for a break from my stagnant wargame projects. I have 2 small plastic tool boxes that I use  when I take toy soldiers on vacation for painting. I decided to use one for my new painting supplies. As I was going through one I took out a clear plastic container. When brought into the light, "HOLY Moly!" I realized they were  2nd generation War of 1812 militia that I didn't remember owning, including several militia officer figures I've been searching for. They were 15 militiamen and 4 militia officers. While I might not have any immediate plans for them, it is good to know that I have these new reinforcements.

The new book. If you want to see some of the uniform plates, Google "Olivier Millet, War of 1812".


The newly discovered Minifigs militia.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yesvit was. Now I have to figure how to use them.

      Delete
  2. It is always a 'moment' when you discover in your possession something you never knew you had!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing more exciting than coming acrosss long lost and forgotten figures. What's more, I haven't moved onto my next wargame project yet.

    ReplyDelete