Sunday, April 14, 2024

New Edmunds Toy Soldiers

    While I don't  collect " collectable" toy soldiers, one company I have an interest in is Edmunds Toy Soldiers; especially his ACW collection. In the last couple of months I did manage to get four sets of figures at very reasonable prices. Three sets were sold in a lot. Unfortunately, this seller had quite a few sets at ridiculously low prices. I was trying to work out how to buy all of them, but I wasn't  quick enough  and someone beat me to them. Then a set of the National Lancers came up. The set came without a box, but still the price was right. The National Lancers are still a state militia unit that does ceremonial duties in the state.

The National Lancers


My collection on parade.


The other new sets. 83rd Pennsylvania Infantry, the 23rd Pennsylvania Infantry (Birney's Zouaves) and Rush's Lancers.


A Closeup of a 83rd PA figure showing the amount of painted details on the figures. 


Birney's Zouaves


2 comments:

  1. Lovely collection John - especially the band!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. My goal was to get one set. I'm up to 6 so I am quite pleased. The band is the band of the Iron Brigade. I missed out on a second set of the Iron Brigade band with different figures.

    ReplyDelete