Sunday, April 7, 2024

Battle Bunnies

    Many months ago I bought some "Killer Rabbits" from SkullnCrown miniatures. They are based on Medieval margin art on manuscripts. They are nice little figures, but a little pricy for a cheapskate like me.

  Recently on Ebay I came across some 54mm sized rabbits along the same style of the killer rabbits. They are produced by a company called Toy Soldiers LAD from Kazakhstan. I really liked the looks of the figures. There are three different sets; I will call them infantry, cavalry and bandsmen. They are plastic flats. I wanted to order some sets, but was a little leary about ordering from them. I decided to order two sets of the infantry rabbits, in two different colors (so I wouldn't have to paint them). I received  them in a reasonable amount of time and was so pleased with them I ordered two sets of the cavalry and one of the band.

I am imaging a war between two tribes of rabbits taking place in my neighborhood, kind of like Watership Down.


Closeup of one of the band rabbits. I gave it a quick wash of sepia. I'm thinking that if I do anything with these figures, it might only be a wash to make the details stand out.

The cavalry rabbits

the band

The infantry


8 comments:

  1. They are very characterful but that is a very commanding rabbit to be riding a lion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps he will command the rabbits. Any rabbit that can control a lion must be fearless.

      Delete
  2. Lovely figures John! The sepia wash is very effective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very happy with them. I must admit I'm a little nervous about doing them all this way. I don't want to ruin them.

      Delete
  3. John - I love these! Wasn't there a set of fantasy rules about battling rabbits back in the 1970s - 'Bunnies and Burrows' I seem to remember?

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are really great figures that I want to use. I don't know about those rules. I have been looking at other rules that are made for figures like that. I did download a variant of the "Song of Blades and Heroes" a while back. I did play a game using Grey Army Gaming "Basic Battles" a couple of days ago. I plan to do a write up on the game in the next couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice, and rather quirky too 👏👏
    Cheers,
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must admit I bought them just because I liked the looks of them. How to use them were an after thought.

    ReplyDelete