Wednesday, December 15, 2021

One More Batch of Semi Flats

       Over the last couple of months, I have been buying different lots of semi flats from the same seller. The seller was in the UK. While the prices being asked were reasonable, the postage was outrageous. In the end, the figures to me were worth the cost. There were several smaller lots that I decided against buying. However, in the end the seller combined all the lots into one and had them priced low. This lot actually had two other people bidding on it. I put a low bid in, expecting to be outbid. However, I won the lot and was pleased with the purchase.  

    I have started thinking about how to use all these figures for an Imag-nation campaign.

     

A pile of damaged figures. One piece that I want to repair is the camel, on the right side of the photo.

Some oddball figures. The limber team is one piece. The figure firing seems to be a Napoleonic figure.




More mixed figures in battle poses.


Some more British Guards. I really wanted the flag bearers; the mounted officer was a plus.


26 more marching figures in pickelhelms.


Some more interesting figures. What looks like some British soldiers with flat caps, and Austrian Jagers.

 



Yet more surprises. Sailors with 2 officers with fore and aft caps. I am thinking of using them for generals.




Some more Russians, with drummers and flag bearers.




More Zouaves(?). I am thinking of using them as Turks.







These figures are slightly smaller than the rest.




Another big surprise: Italian Bersaglieri!



The figures after sorting.

8 comments:

  1. These delightful figures are well worth the shipping costs and wonderful that they will be in action once again. They look like they have seen many battles already.

    Could the slightly smaller ones be military cadets?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were indeed worth the cost. Now to figure out how to use them. After playing a few games with the figures, the different sizes doesn't matter much. They are quite battered veterans.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you. I really have to get on the ball with planning.

      Delete
  3. Excellent additions to the collection, looking forward to seeing what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The new additions certainly have been motivating me. I just have to start writing down some of the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are really quite nice aren't they. Any idea if manufacturers? Can't wait to see them spruced up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They certainly have the proper "toy soldier" look to them. I don't know the manufacturers. Most of the semi flats I have bought are not identified by manufacturer. Another problem I sometimes run into is I think the figures are by the same manufacturer, only to notice that there is some small differences in the figures, such as the bases.

    ReplyDelete