Sunday, July 25, 2021

More Kinder ACW and the First Homecasts

     I recently received another order of Kinder ACW figures. With this order I  would only be one figure shy of having all the Kinder ACW figures. Unfortunately the seller sent me a copy of a figure I already have, so instead of being one short, it's two figures.  While waiting for this new order, I ordered more RTV rubber for molds. I have already made two molds, with a third being made at this time.

    I also decided to try Humbrol enamel paints for my figures. Most of the colors that I was looking for were out of stock; however the paints that were available give me an idea of wither or not to change paints yet again. I will say that after opening one and finding the paint next to useless, it soured me to using them. However, at one time in the past I used them, and found they had a good shelf life compared to Testors enamels. Of course while laying awake, the thought of going back to hobby acrylics. I might paint a few of the new casting using the different paints, and then decide on which paints to use.

   When the new Kinder figures came in, while preparing for the photo shoot, the camera broke. The only way that it can be used right now is using one hand to hold the batteries in place, the other hand trying to line up the shot and push the button, without shaking the camera. Needless to say, most shots are useless.  


Homecasts of the Kinder Southern Zouave (master on the left).  The painted figure was painted using Humbrol paints.

The new figures, minus one, which is currently being used to make a new mold.



6 comments:

  1. Worked very nicely , looking forward to seeing them painted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With these molds, I'm taking more time. Only a couple of air bubbles. Of course for my own use, perfection isn't necessary. I have. got some more paints together to try on these figures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. The pictures don't do them justice. I was really impressed what nice figures they were.

      Delete
  4. A great idea to use these as master figures for moulding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still haven't decided what to do with them yet, although using them for gaming was the original goal.

    ReplyDelete