Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Warlord Games Epic ACW

Warlord Games have come up with a new American Civil War game; Epic ACW. Using Black Powder rules, they have come up with plastic 15mm models in 10 man strips. The regiments will consist of 100 regiments. The main game will come with rules, 2400 infantry, 24 cannon and 24 horsemen. All for $120 (American). When I first saw it, I was ready to order it. However, the limited space for my gaming, along with my current uncertainty of income, I decided against it. However, in the January Wargames Illustrated, the magazine gave a free frame of the figures. The frame includes 100 infantry, 1 gun and crew, and one horseman. It also comes with the bases. After much waiting, the magazine showed up in the local bookstore. I ended up buying 2 of the magazines. I'm not sure the figures will ever be used. I have different ideas for the figures. On another blog someone cut the 10 man strips in half, to make ten man bases. I have been thinking this might be the way to go, except that I would make my own bases and do 5 man bases. At least with the two frames of figures, I could make up one regiment for each side and do skirmish games.

4 comments:

  1. Lots of gaming potential here. I look forward to seeing what you will do with these ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully in the next couple of days I can compare them to other 15mm figures I have. The ideas I was thinking of are basically the same as I used with my Old Glory 10mm ACW figures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Regiment a side - Skirmish Games seem the simplest way of not having to buy lots more if you don't want to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what I'm thinking. I could use them using such rules as Portable Wargames. That's why I ended up buying 2 magazines.I have enough for 2 regiments.

    ReplyDelete