Monday, February 17, 2020

Battlescale Terrain Part 2

Battlescale set up for a practice wargame.







The hexes are a good size for based units, with room to spare for terrain pieces. 





Testing out Scruby units on the hexes.

I decided to paint the hexes, at least for now. One thing that is bothering me that the paint being used is hobby acrylic paint, which dries flat, except this paint for some reason. I wasn't happy that the hill didn't stand out enough.


I tried to use a darker green on the hillside. I'm disappointed with the result.


6 comments:

  1. I'm hoping to get some use out of them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally I would use the same shade of green for the hill John. I think it will look ok. The hexes are a great system.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are right about using the same shade of green. Hopefully the flash on the camera will make enough shadowing to stand out. Now just to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dark green looks pretty good to my eye John. Perhaps a little black wash over the hill (or even all of the hexes)?

    p.s. For some reason I had allowed your blog to drop off my list. I thought that I had elected to 'follow' it, but it seemed not. Rectified now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wished I had painted them brown first, then did the green paint. I've played a couple of games using them, however, without the terrain features.
    I glad you are following the blog again. I haven't have much time for gaming. Hopefully I can get more gaming in that's worth mentioning.

    ReplyDelete