Friday, April 19, 2019

Rebasing Scruby N Gauge SYW Figures

     Being Easter weekend, I have three days off. My wife went off to the picket line, so I decided to get some hobby work done. First was to cast some Zinnbrigade cavalry figures, to see how well they would match Britains 40mm figures.  While waiting for the metal to cool, I cleaned the area around my workbench. Recently I haven't been able to move my chair because I keep stacking various projects on the floor around the table. I got the figures cast that I wanted and my work area cleaned.

   The next project was to try to rebase one unit of the Scruby N gauge SWY figures. I wanted to see if an idea originally planned for my Minifigs would work with these figures. The regiment would be of 12 figures, 3 figures to a base. On one base the standard bearer would be placed on the right side, so when in line the flag would be close to the center.  I was happy with the result; so much so that I took the painted figures off the bases they were mounted on and then started remounting more than planned.

    I find that I really like the looks of the N gauge Scruby's. So much so that I am thinking of ordering some of the ACW line to use with Battle Cry.
The Scruby's on their original bases. I personally don't like thick bases.


The Zinnbrigade cavalry next to Prince August Brave Toy Soldier figures.


Some of the newly mounted Scruby N gauge figures.






The first regiment of Scruby Austrians.
By the way, the Peter Laing GNW armies are almost complete. All that is needed is to complete the generals, and I want to make a couple of Cossack units.

2 comments:

  1. A most productive time. I look forward to seeing developments...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just hope this doesn't distract me too much from my Peter Laing GNW project.I want to get a couple of games in with this project before moving on to something new.

    ReplyDelete