Saturday, November 4, 2017

SAE Wargame

Blue SAE army deployed, with two units of Zouaves. 

The red SAE army deployed.






The armies close.



The blue artillery loses one man and retreats.


Another blue unit breaks and runs.

The blue army rallies...

...and the red army loses 5 men and one unit retreats.



The red army counterattacks and two blue units retreat.

The second blue Zouaves advance.


The red cavalry moves forward.

The blue army loses four more men,and the artillery is forced to retreat again.

The blue army rallies...

...and three red units retreat.


The red army is in full retreat.

The red general, Higginbottom, comes forward and rallies his troops.

The cavalry kills two Zouaves and forces the other two to retreat.


The cavalry overruns the last of the Zouaves, and eliminates another infantry unit. The blue army is down to 50% and is forced to retreat.


The commander of the red artillery cheers General Higginbottom, the victor of the day.

I decided to use my SAE Guards after being inspired by reading Battle game of the Month. I used a mat that I believe I got from Hotzmats.  This mat worked well with the SAE figures.

8 comments:

  1. Great to see those lovely figures in action

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From the distance of the shots, you wouldn't realize how worn these veterans are.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. This game has me thinking of working on some terrain to go with this mat. When I first bought the mat I found the hexes were larger than what I wanted sat the time. However, they seem to be the right size for the SAE figures.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Actually, I was looking at your blog and it inspired me to bring these figures out. I also brought out my semi round figures; unfortunately they do not stand well on this mat. I do hope to do some more with the SAE figures soon.

      Delete
  4. Just read your post. I have to agree the figures are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am trying to narrow down the figures I use. These will stay in the mix. I am thinking of buying some Spencer Smith figures to supplement the figures I'm missing.

    ReplyDelete