Friday, December 26, 2014

New Book & Peter Laing Figures

      I recently got my new Peter Laing Viking figures. The paint jobs might need a little work but they are ready to do battle with my PL Normans.

   My wife wanted to visit her niece in Maryland, so today I dropped her off at the train station. While returning home, I swung by a store that sells discount books. Among the books I purchased was TOY SOLDIERS: A CENTURY OF INTERNATIONAL MINIATURES by Richard Scholl. It is a book about the toy soldiers in the Forbes collection. For the price paid it is a good book. One illustration in it has me thinking of the Peter Laing "toy soldier" project. It shows a sick child in bed surrounded by his toy soldiers, with the poem "The Land of Counterpane" by Robert Louis Stevenson on there facing page. The soldiers in the picture might make a good unit for my Peter Laing armies.
Peter Laing Vikings; chieftain on right.


More PL Vikings.

PL Viking archers.

Viking on horseback. Actually this figure has a cut down shield and is actually a Norman figure.

The book mentioned.

" The Land of Counterpane" by Jessie Wilcox Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment