Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Peter Laing ECW Cavalryman Mold; the 64th Time is the Charm

     The Peter Laing mold  made before going on vacation was tried out today.  After a little work on the mold, the figures were the best I have managed to cast. Of course, the master was painted with a thick coat of enamel paint that I couldn't remove and the base was flocked, so there is no detail to the figure. Still, for my project they will do fine. The pictures are poor as I still haven't found my camera and used my cell phone to take the pictures.


1 comment:

  1. If you want to remove old paint, try boiling the figures in water with biological washing powder/liquid. You can also try adding one of the Oxy-action type cleaners. I strip the paint off old figures and diecast vehicles that way all the time
    Ian

    ReplyDelete