 |
| Fort Charlotte Halifax Nova Scotia |
 |
| Approaching Bermuda from the east, we past this fortress. |
 |
| Another shot of the fortress. |
 |
| One of the forts protecting the Royal Naval Dockyard, where the cruise ship docked. |
 |
| The building on the top left is the old "Commissioner's House located inside another fort. Unfortunately we were in Bermuda for a day and a half, so I couldn't visit the Commissioner's House,, which was now a museum. In the background another cruise ship is arriving. |
 |
| We spent most of the day at the town of St. George at various beaches. We went to Clearwater Beach with the group we were with. It was right next to the Cooper's Island Nature Reserve. Donna and I decided to take a little stroll to the Nature Reserve. After walking a little way I noticed a small path off the main path and decided to walk it. It lead to a little cove. Surprisingly we were the only ones there. We spent a peaceful half an hour there alone. For me it was the highlight of the cruise. |
 |
| When leaving the Preserve I noticed this fenced in area, with several old artillery pieces inside. |
 |
| I went up to the gate to get a closer shot of the guns. I'm no expert on guns; possibly Armstrong? Obviously discounted from the various fort around St. George. |
 |
| The Sun setting over the Royal Naval Dockyard. |
My wife had been nagging me for years about going on a cruise. As I was planning to retire two years ago, a friend of ours was going on a cruise and was trying to get a group together and we decided to go. We had a year and a half to go on it.
We finally went in June of this year. The cruise left Boston, up to Halifax Nova Scotia to Bermuda to Boston. I don't plan to go into detail of the cruise, but to show a few pictures that would interest military history buffs.
No comments:
Post a Comment