Sunday, December 6, 2015

Peter Laing Medievals

       While I haven't been working on any one project, I did take a quick inventory of my Peter Laing Medieval figures, not counting the very large collection of Norman figures. The biggest surprise was that I have 45 mounted knight figures, more than I thought I had. I have enough figures to make two small armies. I was also looking through my old PRACTICAL WARGAMER magazines for inspiration. There was a good article on the French Wars of Religion 1562-1598. While I only have the first of two articles, on Ebay someone was selling 4 copies of PRACTICAL WARGAMER, one of which has the second article in it. I bought the lot, although I have copies of the other three issues. Keep your eyes open on this blog if you are looking for copies of PRACTICAL WARGAMER, as I will probably give away the duplicate issues.

     I have also been working on a secret mold and have been having good success in casting with the mold.
The collection of mounted knights.


Sorting out the different Medieval figures.

The unarmored spearmen with shields on the march.

4 comments:

  1. A secret mold ??????? Spill the beans sir !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be talking later about the mold. I have been cleaning up and painting some of the figures. Once a little more work is done I will show some of the completed figures. I have been using gloss enamel paints and I'm happy with the results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could take credit for the paint jobs; however these figures were already painted when I got them.

    ReplyDelete