Friday, February 16, 2018

New Cavalry for my Britains "B"s

    About the same time I found the last lot of Britains "B" series figures, there were two lots of cavalry, which said they were Britains "B". I'm not sure that is true; they seem smaller than the  Britains. However after thinking about it, as I am going for a toy soldier look, the difference in scale might not be a problem. Either way, they are nice figures.
The cavalry figures compared to one of the new infantry figures.

The useable figures from the lots. There were several broken figures.

The figures I was really interested in; the lancers.

4 nice hussar figures.

5 dragoon figures; I have at least another of these figures.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They are great lot of figures. I am wondering if they are Britains, or another manufacturer. Unfortunately, the writing on the horse's tummy can't be read because of the paint being too thick.

      Delete
  2. Lovely set of cavalry. The slight difference in size wouldn't worry me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think once deployed for battle, the scale difference wouldn't be so noticeable.

      Delete
  3. What a great find! These aren't easy to get hold of. I was wondering if these are the later W series which I'm told were smaller but these look almost 30mm so maybe not. A mystery that won't hurt either their attractiveness or their use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will have to try to find some of my toy soldier books to read up on the "W" series. It would be easy enough for me to measure the figure on the horse to try to narrow down the scale.

    ReplyDelete