Monday, January 15, 2018

A New Wargame Room

      When I first started wargaming, I had a nice large gaming table in my basement, allowing for large scale games. However, my first dog started losing use of his hind legs and couldn't make it down to the basement, I started working on my gaming upstairs. After Scrappy passed, we got a new dog, whose short legs made it too hard for her to get down the stairs, so I continued most of my gaming activities upstairs.
    My wife started talking that she would like a room made in the basement. However I pointed out financially the cost would be too much for us right now. I then suggested I move my "library" or as Donna calls it, the junk room, down into the basement. By doing this, I can start weeding out junk that I no longer use. Also, and more importantly, I can make a larger wargame table and expand my gaming to beyond my chessboard games. What's more, Jerry has no trouble going down the stairs into the basement.
  The library will become a guest room. We have already moved a desk into the room. So if I choose to, I can still do small games upstairs.

6 comments:

  1. What's life without change? This sounds like it could be a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the end it will make me thin out my book collect. At least it gives me more room to game.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a good compromise. I have always preferred the idea of a basement wargame space. There is a 'bunker' feel added to the atmosphere. Funny, my partner feels I collect junk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was the right move. My wife gets her guest room, and I get a large gaming area. It definitely has a bunker feel to it! My wife does have a good point about junk; I do have a lot of junk.

      Delete
  3. I tried to post some pictures of the move but they won't download. I don't think you would be so jealous if you could see the work that lays ahead for me! Perhaps in a month or two there might be something to be jealous about.

    ReplyDelete