Friday, September 13, 2013

15mm Peter Laing Ottoman Turks

         I recently bought several lots of Peter Laing Ottoman Turks.  I've long been interested in the Ottoman Empire during the 1400s through 1600s. The figures are all I hoped they would be. Most of the foot figures were painted the same. They are painted high gloss. I experimented by painting just the uniform, leaving the rest of the figure alone. Then I coated it with a high gloss varnish.  At least if I choose to repaint them, I won't have to paint the entire figure. The original owner did a better job than I could.






2 comments:

  1. Looks like you got a good result with those Turks - I have been in touch with the seller over the figures I bought - and she was really happy that her father's old prized Laings had gone to people who really cared about them.
    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't be happier with the figures. Maybe it's a good thing that Peter Laings aren't too collectable. It makes it easier to get them.

    ReplyDelete